Lentil & Feta Salad
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp. dried thyme (or 1½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme)
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
3 cups cooked lentils
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
3 medium celery stalks, finely chopped
2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
¾ medium red onion, finely chopped
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1. Combine lemon juice, oil, and thyme in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
3. Combine lentils, cheese, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and mint in a large bowl; mix well.
4. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour (and up to 12 hours).
5. You can eat it after an hour, but it’s better the next day.
If you are following the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan one serving is 1 1/2 cups & it equals 1 green, 1 yellow, 1/2 blue and 1 tsp.